Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No baking for 3 weeks...


I'm going through a pretty horrible thing right now, and I've decided to do The Daniel Fast. The purpose is to seek answers to prayer, and grow in your walk with the Lord. In my case, one of the reasons I'm doing this is to intervene on my son's behalf. He needs God right now, and I'm not sure how much he realizes that. I really need to focus on having God's direction in dealing with him also. So, this is what I'm doing.

You could click on The Daniel Fast above and go to a website all about it. But I can tell you the gist of what you eat and don't eat here. Basically it's vegan with more restrictions. In addition to no meat, dairy, eggs, or animal products of any kind, you also abstain from coffee, alcohol, bread (anything with leavening), and sweets. The only drink that is allowed is water.

Today is day 3. So far, my only real struggle is with the headaches I'm having as a result of not having coffee (caffeine headaches). If anyone has any advice on this, I'm listening...

I will continue to update here. In the meantime, if you are a praying person, please pray for my son, Travis. God knows the details, He'll understand. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment